With Local Authorities
Our course for local authorities is intended to provide
practical suggestions on basic measures that need to be taken in the main
areas of local authority responsibility. This course plans to promote
direct consultation between local authorities and people with disabilities
in the Community. We hope we can assist you to embrace the principles
- As a tool for discussing specific policies, programmes and initiatives
with the local community for disabled people.
- To identify areas for research and policy development at a local level.
- To provide concrete recommendations for local authority departments
seeking to improve the provision of equal opportunities policies and
services for disabled people.
- As a source of ideas for local authority workers concerned with examining
their professional practice, thereby considering the needs of disabled
- As a source for Local Authorities wishing to improve their own record of employing people with disabilities.